As described in this blog post one of the many task involved in migrating from CM07 to CM12 is updating the package source in your packages. A new version of the tool has just been released with new cool features to make your migration experience easier and less painful.
Installing and configuring the tool
Download the latest version here and start the tool on the CM12 server.
- When the tool is launched click Configuration, specify the name of the Configuration Manager 2012 site server and click Save.
- Click List, this will retrieve a list of all the source locations used by any package. Select he source locations you want to migrate and click OK.
- In New PKG Source: specify the new UNC.
- Check these settings: Copy Content from Old to new Server, Overwrite existing files and Clear Custom Package Share Name. The last setting was used by many in CM07 to control the folder name used by ConfigMgr when packages were stored on the Distribution Point. In ConfigMgr 2012 this setting is rarely used and will cause the Distribution Point to save the files twice (once in the contentlibrary and once in the folder specified by the custom package share name).
- Click Select Packages to get the list of all packages
- Click Save and Start to begin updating the source folder information and to copy the content to the new source.
- Once the process is done, repeat the step for the other source locations that you wish to migrate.