Earlier this week Microsoft released a new ConfigMgr R2 2012 Mac OSx client. Althoug it has been possible to enroll Mac OSx 10.9 clients without this new client, I still recommend a client upgrade.
How to install the new client
- Download the new installer from: ConfigMgr 2012 R2 Mac Client
- Run the ConfigmgrMacClient.msi on a Windows machine.
- The installer will extract a dmg file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager For Mac Client.
- Copy the Macclient.dmg to a Mac OSx client that has an existing ConfigMgr client installed (can be the old SP1 client).
- Open a Terminal and run sudo ./cmapputil –c ./macclient.dmg –0 ./
- The command will create a new cmmac file. Copy the file to your software source folder.
- Open the ConfigMgr console and create a new MAC OSx application.
- Open the deployment type, select Requirements and create a new requirement rule that will allow the deployment type to be installed on all versions of MAC OSx.
- Create a required deployment and target your MAC OSx devices.
- The MAC OSx clients will receive the deployment and start installing the ConfigMgr R2 2012 client. Once installed a restart is requested.
- Once restarted the ConfigMgr client version is upgraded to 5.00.7958.1101