Getting WSUS sync errors in ConfigMgr 1702

Got a lot of these today on my ConfigMgr 1702 site server.

STATMSG: ID=6704 SEV=I LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER" SYS=CTSCCM01.CORETECH.INTRA SITE=CT1 PID=10584 TID=18504 GMTDATE=ti apr 11 20:00:03.729 2017 ISTR0="" ISTR1="" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:03    18504 (0x4848)
Synchronizing WSUS server ctsccm01.coretech.intra …    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:04    29196 (0x720C)
sync: Starting WSUS synchronization    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:04    29196 (0x720C)
sync: WSUS synchronizing categories    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:12    29196 (0x720C)
sync: WSUS synchronizing categories, processed 2 out of 2 items (100%)    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:13    29196 (0x720C)
Sync failed: UssInternalError: SoapException: Fault occurred~~at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall). Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:18    18504 (0x4848)
STATMSG: ID=6703 SEV=E LEV=M SOURCE="SMS Server" COMP="SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER" SYS=CTSCCM01.CORETECH.INTRA SITE=CT1 PID=10584 TID=18504 GMTDATE=ti apr 11 20:00:18.921 2017 ISTR0="Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS" ISTR1="UssInternalError: SoapException: Fault occurred~~at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)" ISTR2="" ISTR3="" ISTR4="" ISTR5="" ISTR6="" ISTR7="" ISTR8="" ISTR9="" NUMATTRS=0    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:18    18504 (0x4848)
Sync failed. Will retry in 60 minutes    SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER    11-04-2017 22:00:18    18504 (0x4848)

image

Work around for now, is to disable the Upgrade category – wait 2 minutes and initiate another sync. If it still fails the second time, then grab some coffee and sync again.

image


Comments (3):

  1. Vernon says:

    Thank you Kent,

    This fixed my problem on patch Tuesday with SCCM CB 1610 as well.
    Do we have any information why this workaround was required and what caused this issue.
    Regards

  2. Shane says:

    Had the same errors pop up on our 2012 R2 SP1 CU3 server this week. Our fix (before I read this article) was to uncheck all of our products, perform a sync, rechecked the products and it was successful.

  3. Leo says:

    Kent-
    You rock. Thx. This fixed my problem. Simple and easy. Only wish I found this before we deployed patches.

Leave a Reply